17 May 2012

Essentials of Cinema

Tomorrow I'll take my final exam and skip off into summer and you'll never catch me for as long as I live. In anticipation of my freedom I've borrowed a few older films I've been meaning to see. Some call them classics, others vintage (although I find this word overused and often wrongly so), and some of my old classmates would call them, "What do you mean you haven't watched that? And you call yourself a filmmaker."
Well here I am, with four movies clutched in my hand. My local library has a t-rex skeleton, a ceiling that changes to imitate the real sky (à la Hogwarts), and an aquarium with sharks (also could be used to describe the movie "Fish Tank" with Michael Fassbender). Surely it has a great collection of films as well. Why, yes it does.
Next week, I'll settle down with cookies, tea (we have sugar in the house agaaiiaiiiaian), and my filmmaking goggles to begin my required viewings. Before that I'm running away with my friends to a shopping center. It has a ferris wheel, you guys. Fearless adventurers, we are. Yoda, I now am.

Photos of Hitchcock, Godard, Scorsese, and Chaplin, credit unknown. If you know, please let me know and I'll update this post. :)

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment