01 February 2013

Unlike the Ones I Used to Know

Around four o'clock this afternoon, rain poured down in sheets, as if the sky were saying, "If I can't snow then I'm going to rain like nobody's business. Raaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiinnnn!!!" I hid in the library, doing Internet things until the rain subsided. I should say tried to do Internet things. With each force close, it became more apparent to me that my hard drive is dangerously close to overflowing. 

So here I am unloading photos. 
My first Christmas market was a magpie's paradise. There was a bizarre Renaissance fairy show (complete with fire-eater), the siren call of waffles and crêpes, and Canadian stands for my Quebecois friend to judge for authenticity. And then the weird stuff, as in weird for a Christmas market: Japanese dolls, hermit crabs with painted shells, Halloween decor...

Louis XIV worked really hard to secure France's place as the world's leader in art and culture, but he didn't account for unicorn headpieces, suspiciously nondescript nail polish sets, and surprise LEGO displays.

There was no indication that LEGO was sponsoring the market, nor were they being sold - just this random display of LEGO sets behind the creepy "Castle of Enchantment" (seriously, glowing clown animatronics in a dark makeshift wooden castle). Though it reminded me of the LEGO store in Downtown Disney and thus of home, so I didn't complain. 

And I can't go without mentioning caribou jerky. There, I've mentioned it. 

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment