11 March 2013

Barcelona Belongs to the Birds

This was the first indication that my trip to Barcelona would be a tad Hitchcockian. For me, Barcelona will forever be associated with birds. From the parakeets hanging out in a tree on the way to our hostel - I've never seen them outside of a zoo enclosure (you know, the ones where you pay for a cup of syrup and the chance to make yourself a target for hungry birds) to the seagulls tugging a pigeon corpse to the neckless pigeons stationed behind every pillar and tree, I had more bird encounters packed into four days than I've had in six months in Reims.
One minute he's as badass as a bald eagle, the next he's running around like the Roadrunner. I imagine he's just showered and accidentally left his clothes in the other room. 
Secret pigeon headquarters, beneath inky black trees and an ancient Roman wall. 



Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment