15 October 2013

Giant Hyperrealistic Lincoln Head Terrifies Los Angeles (Okay Just Me)

I knew there was a reason I left Los Angeles.

It wasn't because of school or wanderlust. It was because I knew, inside, that Lincoln was coming and my worst nightmare was that much closer to coming true.

Hollywood makeup artist Kazuhiro Tsuji created this hyperrealistic bust of Abraham Lincoln that's on display at the Eden Head Art Festival in Los Angeles. The portrait was sculpted from clay, then scanned and replicated in foam with a CNC machine. From this, several molds were created until the final silicone sculpture was cast and refined by hand.

When I saw this earlier, I willed myself to gather the courage to click on it. Imagine my horror as each photo on the page was more and more detailed, the bust getting closer and closer, as though Lincoln himself were approaching me it's night and I'm alone in a foreign country there's a thunderstorm just pretend you empathize yes I have been told it's an irrational fear.

All phobias aside though, it's really impressive work.
His veiny eyes are staring into your soul.

Sweet dreams.

via My Modern Metropolis

Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

  1. It's a shame you don't have a donate button! I'd certainly donate to this fantastic blog!
    I suppose for now i'll settle for bookmarking and adding your RSS feed to my Google account.
    I look forward to fresh updates and will talk about this site with my
    Facebook group. Chat soon!

    Here is my web-site personalized home decor ()

    ReplyDelete