04 March 2012

A Fresh Start

Introductions are difficult. On one hand, a window into the life of another human being is always fascinating.

On the other, the language of a casual introduction cannot adequately convey the complexities and nuances of a person that we would get from spending time with them. We are okay with this simplicity, however, because humans like categorization. The world is much less confusing when everything is in neat little boxes.

I could make this short and sweet by picking out a few words that describe me: writer, student, filmmaker, artist, musician, Taiwanese, American, francophile. Isn't it amazing how one word gives such a vivid image? But I prefer just to be a person. I write and I make music and art. I'm still learning (although I suspect that won't change even when the label student falls off), but I'm not waiting for "real life" to begin.

I've been blogging for almost seven years now, on various platforms, but I hope to be here for long time. Some girls go through numerous boyfriends in high school. I went through blogging sites. This place will be an amalgamation of everything that interests me. And what are those things, exactly?

We'll just have to see, because I'm still finding out. There are so many things I don't know, but I'll figure it out through words and pictures.

Essayons-nous. 

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment