10 March 2012

Purple Mountains Majesty

We just returned from San Francisco early this morning, driving through the night and fighting sleep with coffee and sugary snacks.
Cracker Jack is becoming tradition for father-daughter road trips.
A California road trip  with my dad felt so American. I almost expected to turn around and find Kerouac and Steinbeck in the backseat. Farm country as far as the eye can see, and the mountains were actually purple. Katherine, fact-checker of patriotic songs. 
In Kern County, all the trees looked like they had absconded from a Tim Burton movie.  
After my interview the next day, we wandered around Chinatown and got egg custard from the Golden Gate Bakery. On the way back to the car I had some Super Duper Burger. Two out of three isn't bad, right?
And now my stomach is in knots waiting to hear back about the interview. Courage, and a good supply of silly romantic comedies will get me through. In the meantime, the fickleness of my own moods astounds me. 

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment