03 April 2013

Mindbomb #1

Maybe you don't need more distractions in your life. God knows I do, sitting through day two of an intensive week of ten-hour foreign policy lectures. As daylight savings time happened this weekend while I wasn't looking, I don't think from dawn til dusk applies anymore but it sure feels that way. 

I've passed the time link-picking, you guys. These are the fruits of my labor. 
Osedax worms eat bones. And mate in them too. All together now: ewwwwwwwww.

Notify Harry Potter - this fish has his invisibility cloak.

The accidental birth of Colorado wetlands.

Scientific Fashion


/// /// ///

Did you do this optical illusion as a kid? It's called the Franz Müller-Lyers test, and it turns out the way you answer it is cultural.

Two thought-provoking pieces about period dramas by S.E. Smith and Hila Shachar.

Paris, then and now.

Syrians hide out from ongoing violence in ancient Roman caves

/// /// ///
Make an iphone case with pressed flowers.

The worst part of the zoo was always the butterfly atrium - I would power-walk through that thing, flinching repeatedly as another butterfly nearly crashed into my face. (Is it the butterfly wrecking my face or my face wrecking the butterfly if it's the one that throws itself at me?) But I think I could allow these bobby pin butterflies near my face.

1. Photo courtesy of Noria Miyamoto/Naturwissenschaften
2. Photo courtesy of The Penguin Press
3. Photo courtesy of Clare McGibbon

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment