23 April 2013

Hello darkness my old friend

It's so nice and sunny today. I'm writing one of those old-fashioned stream-of-consciousness posts to celebrate!

Lately the sun doesn't set until nine o'clock in the evening. Taylor told me it stays light out so late because we're further north than California, like Alaskan summers where the sun never sets. Which is fine by me. More than fine. Springtime in the northern hemisphere is wonderful, and if I seem overly excited it's because the sudden explosion in sunshine and flowers makes me inexplicably happy.

The hours linger in the sunlight and I, perched on my desk with my cheek against the warm window, munch happily on honey puffs while the Gilmore girls gab away on the tiny screen at my feet. I'm in bed as soon as the sky darkens and up once more with the sun. At last my circadian clock decides -

Shhhhhhh oh my god is that the PotC soundtrack

oh god it is

I'm in the computer lab at school and someone has their music up really loud and it's leaking through their headphones and what an instant badass for studying to the PotC soundtrack.

Better yet, it's from At World's End. So much respect.

Calm yourself. Anyway, I am happy to announce I'm no longer living according to California time, because I have my blinds up all the way as soon as I get home and who wants to waste precious daylight - especially when it's actual daylight and not the sad winter excuse for it - sleeping in?

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment