31 May 2013

Just popping in while waiting for my room check for a quick hello. It's my last morning in Reims this year, and this city would like me to remember it for what it is - hence the downpour. Ah, yearlong winter. It seems I go from one extreme to another.

Later this afternoon I'll take the train to Paris. By Monday I'll be in Los Angeles again. I try to imagine what the sun will feel like, but can't. It's a bit like All Summer in a Day.

You think I'm being melodramatic. Sadly, no.

Looking forward to seeing family and friends, having other people cook for me, reuniting with my lizard Sims (those awful baby names have been waiting a long time), an internship doing what I love, food diversity (where do I even begin - I will gorge myself on Chinese, Korean, Mexican, Indian food...the list goes on and on and so will my waistline), everything being open until midnight because capitalism!

In the meantime, there's still this luggage to haul home through the rain and a movie to finish editing. And Paris!

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment