10 August 2013

Polar Bear Ballet


My dad doesn't really pay attention to the movies we watch at home. Usually he continues reading the news on his laptop or doing his thing* around the house. At times it gets on my nerves because something really emotional is happening on screen and then my dad's voice comes out of nowhere, "Who left this water bottle on the table?"

It's like, Daaaaad, can't you see that Jack is about to tell Will that he's his father? So I've developed a preference for watching movies alone, because absolutely no one will disturb me to ask where the broom is or tell me about another epidemic.


Yesterday he said, "Norwegian scientists discovered a dead polar bear. It was nothing but skin and bones." I sat up because polar bears are the saddest animals on this planet and I have a huge soft spot for them, especially the metal ones at the San Diego Zoo that scorch my inner thighs when I climb on them for a photo. He turned the laptop around and he hadn't exaggerated a bit. The photos were devastating.

So...happier polar bear photos. Happier polar bear photos.......

Olga Gladysheva's aptly named Water Ballet photos are polar bears at their most graceful. If I didn't know that they would rip me to shreds, I'd get into the water with them. (Doesn't stop me from wanting it.)

*I wish that doing his thing meant dancing, but we have not been graced with that blessing.

Share/Bookmark

1 comment: