30 April 2012

At the Park


Walks are nice because there is so little going on I remember to take photos. And then suddenly there's so much going on: hostile geese, baby ducklings, guarded eggs, mysterious birdhouses, tiny pinecones, and abandoned pinatas.
One of my first film class assignments in high school was to film an example of the various types of shots - close ups, wide shots, etc. - and I shot a close up of some berries nestled at the foot of a tree, almost identical to these. Something about the red, green, and brown is so comforting to me. 
Parks sometimes seem a sad replacement for wild, untethered nature, but I was pleasantly surprised by how much life there was, no matter where I looked, from grumpy old men reclined on benches simultaneously playing electric guitar and smoking cigarettes (no lie) to small hard-working honeybees who grazed my ankles. 



Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment