05 April 2012

Magic and White Noise

I'm excited to say magic is here again and I am knee-deep in a new screenplay. The best part is, I have no idea where the story is taking me.

I started with an image of a girl in a garden, then I layered another image onto that, and another, and another. I have to say this is one of my favorite ways to work. In the moment, I have no concerns other than, what will look amazing following this?

Creation is all reaction. You're constantly fighting the past, and if you're not following the grooves left by previous generations, you're running from it. Awareness of the past and making choices about whether to approach or avoid is a huge part of making art.

///   ///   ///

Successful bloggers advise consistent posting, but I feel as though there is so much noise online that the sheer volume of stuff overwhelms me. Imagine we continue producing content at this rate - much of it will become nothing but white noise. So I want to preserve my words until I have something worthwhile to say. I don't want to add to the noise.

Just some thoughts. Of course, being a human being and thus prone to fickleness, I will change my mind in a moment of insecurity at seeing my pitiful blog stats.

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment