04 April 2012

At the Peak of Mt. Happy

At the top of the world right now. I've got a copy of my article in this month's Dig Magazine in one hand and a letter from Paris bearing exciting news in the other. I may be studying in France for the next two years!

Foreign mail is incredibly fascinating. It's addressed to Mademoiselle Katherine in the États-Unis. Dated with the day before the month, with four stamps that I've never seen before. La Poste! I might just be a bit too excited to see that euro sign and 000,85.

I can hear all the worldly people sighing, "Oh, Americans," with a shake of their head.

///   ///   ///

A peek at some of my desktop companions - Paddington Bear and...squirrel? Not to be partial, but Paddington did come home with me all the way from said station last year, when I was distraught and clomping about in a pair of granny pumps and missing trains all over the place. Squirrel was on sale at Urban Outfitters this Christmas, when, in a moment of weakness, I let my sister buy a ridiculously overpriced Domo plushie as a gift for her friend.
But I must say Squirrel is more photogenic. Squirrel 1 Paddington 1? It's a tie!

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment