09 April 2012

No Time for April Showers

April in Los Angeles is jam-packed with festivals and events. Maybe I'm finally discovering what a sun-drenched and urine-scented crumbly gem this place is. And I say this with the greatest affection.

Looking forward to...


I've always felt a strong pull away from this city, with its isolating sprawl and early bedtimes. I wanted ivy and brick, community, something at every corner. There was too much dead space in LA. I wanted to be able to walk outside on a sleepless night and find the city still alive, like I could during the summers in Taipei. I'm reminded of Zan Romanoff's piece on Joan Didion. 

Now that I've had more chances to venture downtown, the city's opening up to me. I'm still excited to leave in the fall, but it's a bit more like, no wait - I'm not quite done here just yet.

And the city's like, I'll wait for you come back.

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment